For many kids, summertime means food, friends and fun. For families who count on school breakfast and lunch, however, the summer months can be stressful and family food budgets have to be stretched even further. Free summer meals, funded by the USDA, are available to kids and teens ages 18 and younger at our summer meal site: Greenwood Elementary School.
Many summer meals sites offer fun learning and recreational activities so kids and teens can eat a healthy meal while staying active and being with friends. Sites are also registered with the USDA and are held at safe local places like schools, churches and community centers.
Free Summer Meal Program Details:
- Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to the summer meal site
- Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets
- Food served is healthy and follows USDA nutrition guidelines
- Summer meals sites are a fun, safe places for kids and teens to be active and visit with friends
- No application or proof of income needed. You can just bring your child to the summer meal site
- Dates and times:
- Greenwood Elementary School
- Monday - Friday: June 7-25
- Monday - Thursday: July 12-29
- Breakfast served 7:45 - 8:15am
- Lunch served 10:45am - 12:30pm